RETURN TO SPORT COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
The health and safety of our Club members, groomers, volunteers and visitors is the highest priority for the Phoenix Cross Country Ski Club Executive as we implement a safety plan with measures to help keep everyone safe during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Our Club is committed to operating our trail network, facilities and programs this winter season following the guidelines set out by governments and health authorities. Members and visitors will notice some changes to our normal operations this ski season, especially related to the use of the Dacha and shelters, including occupancy limits and an emphasis on physical distancing.
We appreciate how important access to the ski trail network is for our nordic skiing community and the benefits of being able to participate in a safe, healthy outdoor activity during these times. The Club Executive thanks you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate the challenges presented by the pandemic and work to maintain opportunities for everyone to enjoy our amazing cross country skiing environment.
COVID-19 USER AGREEMENT
In order to use the ski trails, facilities and any activities provided by the Phoenix Cross Country Ski Club at the Marshall Lake Cross Country Ski Trails, all individuals must agree to the following rules:
- Complete the COVID Self-Assessment on a daily basis (see below)
- If you are sick or experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, stay home or return home and self isolate
- Follow the occupancy, traffic flow and distancing rules posted at facilities
- Wear a mask in any indoor spaces where 2 metre physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Bring your own water bottle, mask, hand sanitizer and/or wipes
- Follow the rules and requirements of the Phoenix Cross Country Ski Club Return to Sport COVID-19 Safety Plan (see below)
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE SAFETY PLAN
In addition to the rules of the User Agreement above, the following are some important elements and measures that members and visitors must be aware of when using the Marshall Lake Cross Country Ski Trails. To download and read the full Return to Sport COVID-19 Safety Plan, click on the link under More Information below.
- Sign-in for COVID-19 contact tracing is required by all individuals at Parking Lot trailhead and all shelters.
- All personal items are to be kept with you at all times, or stored in your vehicle, and are not to be left in any of the shelters. All personal garbage is to be taken home.
- Be considerate to your fellow skiers and leave break/rest areas as soon as you have finished your break to allow others to have an opportunity to use the space.
- Bring your own water bottle, hand sanitizer and/or wipes and make sure you sanitize your hands before and after using shelters and outhouses. You may wish to bring your own pen/pencil for signing-in.
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all times. Refrain from congregating and socializing at trailheads or elsewhere on the trail system.
- Avoid physical contact with others (including shaking hands, ‘high fives’, close talking, sharing items, etc.).
- Dacha; Enter one family unit at a time. Do not share this space with anyone outside your immediate family.
- At Forestry shelter, the use of outdoor seating and fire pits is encouraged, where available as long as you maintain 6’ distance.
- Outhouses: As facilities are volunteer run, outhouses are not cleaned every day and therefore are used at your own risk. Come prepared with your own sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to ensure maximum safety.
- Skier Development Program: All of the same safety rules are applicable and emphasis will be on keeping activities distanced and outdoors. The program coordinator and head coach will provide detailed safety measures.
- Notification of a COVID-19 illness, for any person attending the ski trails, should be made to one of the following two designated Club Executive members, who will immediately coordinate a response through the Interior Health Authority:
Larry Hudema 250-442-2459
Brian Fletcher 250-442-0118 or 250-442-8561
Everyone who visits the Marshall Lake Cross Country Ski Trails must review the Self-Assessment questions below on a daily basis when participating in any activities at the Club. A link to the full BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool is included under More Information below.
1. Are you experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones?
Symptoms include: Fever, chills, cough or worsening of chronic cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, headache, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, muscle aches.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please stay at home, get assessed for COVID-19 and self-isolate while you wait for test results. Self isolate for a minimum of 10 days.
2. Have you travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
If you responded yes to this question, please stay at home, self-isolate for at least 14 days and self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
3. Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19?
Note: This means you likely would have been contacted by your health authority’s public health team.
If you responded yes to this question, please stay at home, self-isolate for at least 14 days from your last contact with the positive person and self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms .